Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm

Monday, March 5, 2012

Catching up

Wow, it's been almost a year since my last post. That simply will not do. I resolve right here and now to post more often. As this is supposed to be a blog of my journey through school and life, I suppose it's kinda fitting that I haven't had the time to update it more often, but I have to make the time.

Life has been challenging health wise but I continue to plug along in school. After this semester, I have 9 classes (or 27 credits) left to take. That works out to about 2 semesters of class, depending on what's offered. I will be taking summer classes, but might just take 'fun' stuff to keep my study habits up until fall semester starts. If I do five class in the fall and four in the spring, that's my 27 credits. So that puts me on track to graduate in the Spring of 2013. Once graduated, I hope to find employment as an adjunct English professor at a community college (Ideally here in South Bend, but that'll depend on where hubby's job takes him). While working as an adjunct, I will take Masters level class working towards my Masters in Fine Arts (Creative Writing). That's the plan. I see it very clearly in my head. I see the steps I have to take to attain my goal and I can very easily see myself teaching. Nothing is going to stand in my way; not my heart, my hips, or my back. They can just learn to behave and let me do what needs to be done.

And now, since this is updated, on to studying for my last midterm exam. Can't believe Spring semester is already half over, where does the time go?

No comments: