Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm

Friday, November 5, 2010

Catching up

It's been quite a while since I last posted.  A lot has happened. A few more catherizations, a few more stents, and finally triple bypass surgery that I almost didn't survive. I did survive and I'm recovering nicely. I'm back to work and in January I'll be back to school. I can't wait to start classes again. I miss homework. (And yes, I've been told that's sick.)

The other day the funniest (now it's funny) thing happened. I took the day off work to break a pain cycle. I took a pretty heavy duty pain pill and lay down for a nap. Sometime during that nap, my dentures began to bother me and I took them out and set them on the night table. During that nap, my 5 month old puppy Auggie grabbed my dentures. I found them...or what was left of them...later that night. All that was left was a piece big enough to hold 2 teeth. I wasn't very happy with the puppy at that point as you can well imagine. The next day at work however, we were flinging 'tooth' puns around wildly. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. The Learning Lab staff sure is good at finding the absurd in situations...lol.

So today I have an appointment with the dentist to see about new dentures. I am terrified of dentists and haven't been back to one since the last visit almost 11 years ago when the sadist doctor tried to use what looked like a wood rasp on my gums to get rid of bone spurs. So keep your fingers crossed I don't freak out and hit the dentist...that probably wouldn't be a good thing.

3 comments:

Beth said...

It's nice to see you posting again. I miss checking the blogs and finding out what my students/friends are writing about as they are reading. Keep posting. Maybe I will start again too, if you will read along!

Lori said...

I would love to keep following your blog Mrs. S just like I'd love to follow everyone else from class. So far, the best way has been facebook but that's not to say we can start a trend here too. hehehe

Lori said...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my posts here are automatically posted on Twitter as well. I'm ladifrog on Twitter. :-)